17 weeks and 4 days, 34.5 inches around (somehow not much bigger) but I feel much bigger than last week. I’m wearing maternity clothing as often as possible and feeling very pregnant. I feel the baby moving more regularly these days but it’s still not a daily occurrence or anything. It feels very strange, definitely much different than gas. People notice that I’m pregnant now: friends that I haven’t seen in a long time, strangers looking at my belly, coworkers are finally getting it. The way I look right now is how I thought I’d look at 6 months, I’m not even kidding, I just feel so big.
My second trimester continues to keep me exhausted 90% of the time. I wake up feeling pretty good and am ready to go to sleep again by mid-morning. My skin has taken another turn for the worse, it’s really time for another facial I think. It’s very frustrating but I’m sure it could be worse. Not too much else new this week. I noticed that last night my right hip area felt really cold and tingly like I lost circulation there for a short time and it’s back right at this moment, I have no idea what that is about. I googled it though and this happens sometimes during pregnancy. The baby could be sitting really low and pressing on nerves, but it’s good that it’s sitting low apparently.
I know that some women hardly buy any maternity clothing and they just try to stretch their pre-pregnancy wardrobe for all it’s worth. This is not my reality. Before I was pregnant, I was a size 2 and an XS or S. I’m naturally a pretty small person so the second my belly started to grow outward nothing fit anymore especially my pants and all of my skirts. My wardrobe just wasn’t diverse enough to handle this, the only stuff that still fits are 1/4 of my dresses and 1/2 of my tops – most of which are cotton based. I’m always looking for nicer looking inexpensive maternity clothing now and I’ve found there are a few things to look for:
- More fitted belly hugging shirts and dresses actually look much better than something empire waist that actually makes you look even bigger than you are.
- Shop online, just send stuff back that doesn’t work. I bring it to the post office and can ship stuff back for like $3 so it’s not as bad as it seems.
- Target has nice maternity clothing – dresses mainly.
- Old Navy has good maternity clothing, just read the reviews for your sizing because each item fits differently.
- Gap maternity is just Ok, the basics are fine but there isn’t much else going on there.
- Motherhood Maternity has nice fitting dress pants for cheap – like under $35
- Kohls apparently has an even cheaper Motherhood line at their stores
- A Pea in the Pod is really expensive but carries designer jeans
- There are a lot of styles on how bottoms are willing to accommodate you: full panel, half panel, under belly, etc. I personally like the full panel because I don’t mind having that on my belly pulled all the way up since it’s not very tight, but some people really hate that feeling.